Still in school but ready to put your civil engineering, civil engineering technology, or construction management studies to work? The Federal Highway Administration, Western Federal Lands Highway Division is looking for exceptional individuals with a passion for highway engineering and construction.
Western Federal Lands Highway Division provides internship opportunities in highway construction and design, surveying, materials testing, structural design and inspection, and environmental protection. Students typically work during the summer construction season and return to school in the fall.
Students will gain valuable hands-on experience to complement their academic studies. This program provides an excellent opportunity for on-the-job experience and prepares the student for potential future employment consideration with the Federal Highway Administration.
WFL is now accepting applications for the 2015 Pathways Internship Program. Learn more here.
Email WFL_Careers @dot.gov for more information.
The Federal Highway Administration is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
- Organizational Overview of the FLH and WFL
- Pathways Internship Program (Acrobat, 816 KB)
- Pathways Internship Program, Fall 2014 Schedule (Acrobat, 772 KB)
- Benefits of Employment within the Federal Highway Administration
- Facts and Questions (Acrobat, 783 KB)
- How to Apply (Acrobat, 139 KB)
- USAJOBS How to (Acrobat, 119 KB)