Cross Section Movie (Super Cross-Section Navigator)
This is a new tool for GEOPAK 2004 Edition, written by Bruce Shearer, Bentley Civil. This tool has been described as the "Cross Section Navigator on steroids". It has several nice features:
- Allows "hands free navigation" of the cross sections. The speed of the navigation can be adjusted.
- Prevents the "drifting" (up/down and sideways) of the cross sections that occurs on some data sets when using the traditional Cross Section Navigator.
NOTE: This application only works in View 1.
Invoke the Cross Section Movie:
First you must invoke the Design and Computation Manager by using the MicroStation pull downs:
APPLICATIONS > GEOPAK ROAD > DESIGN & COMPUTATION MANAGER ... or from the Road Tools icon as shown below:
Set the path in the "Design & Computation Manager" to one of the following:
If this is not the displayed path, then change it, as follows...
- In the "Design and Computation Manager" dialog box click on FILE and click on OPEN...
- Select the appropriate path by double clicking under "Directories" and "Files" until the "Name" and "Directory is correct.
- If done correctly the "Design and Computation Manager" dialog box ".ddb file path"should read as shown above:
Browse to the Category MVBA Applications. Double click the category to expand the selection of MVBA applications, as shown below:
Once expanded, the MVBA Applications selections appear as shown below. Double click on Super Cross Section Navigator:
The Cross Section Movie dialog appears, as shown above.
In the upper portion of the dialog, select the Job number, XS Chain, toggle the Profile box ON and select the Profile.
The lower portion of the dialog allows the user to select a Station from the drop down arrow. Next to the drop down arrow is an icon that allows the current cross section to be "fit" in the active view.
The next 4 buttons are similar to the traditional Cross Section Navigator, First XS, Previous XS, Next XS and Last XS.
The last row of buttons are the really cool ones. These are the buttons that run "The Movie".
- Frame Rate. Adjust the value using the up and down arrows to adjust the speed of the automatic navigation, (movie).
- Play Reverse. This button causes the navigation of the cross sections to go backward.
- Play Forward. This button causes the automatic navigation of the cross sections to go forward.
- Stop. This button "stops" or pauses the automatic navigation of the cross sections.