15. Microsoft Outlook
- F5 is the "Refresh" key for all PW actions and should be used after many operations.
- Keep folder and file names short.
- The "document name" must match
the "file name" exactly.
- Do not open ProjectWise files located in the C:\myfiles\PW_Production folder. Check
out files using PW Explorer to open, edit, modify, and save files. Program files that are not
completely integrated with PW should be managed using the Export
and Import features described in previous sections.
- Make use of the Description as much as possible and edit to keep the document
description up to date.
- Complex Microsoft Excel (.xls) files can be bothersome. A best practice is to export
these files for editting outside of PW (see Export and Import).
Routine purging is necessary to keep the C:\ drive clean and working properly. Purge
Check-out files using the Local Document Manager and
maintenance procedures described in Maintenance below.
CADD Files Procedures
- Use the Project Development
Naming Conventions as much as possible. Other functional groups should consult with
Functional Managers and determine functional naming conventions.
- Do not use spaces in document names and file names. Instead, use the underscore to
simulate a needed space (e.g., Example_name.doc).
- Do not use spaces in folder or file names.
- GPK file creation.
<< Section 14 |