Temporary Construction Easement
Download this Word document (ZIP Archive, 60 KB)
US Department of Transportation
Federal Highway Administration
Western Federal Lands Highway Division
610 East Fifth Street
Vancouver, WA 98661-3801
TEMPORARY CONSTRUCTION EASEMENT
This Agreement, made this __________ day of ____________________ 20____ , between _____________________________, hereinafter designated Grantor, and the United States, acting by and through the Federal Highway Administration, hereinafter designated Grantee, does hereby grant unto the Grantee, its successors, assigns, agents, contractors, subcontractors, and employees permission to enter the property described (below-or- on Exhibit "A") and grants the exclusive right to perform construction activities necessary to construct a road approach for the benefit of the Grantor.
_____________________________, Grantor, for the true and actual consideration of $__________ does grant to the United States of America, by and through it's Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration, Western Federal Lands Highway Division, it's successors and assigns, a Temporary Easement for a work area from Engineers Centerline Station _____________________________ to Station __________[Left or Right], ____________________[Meters/Feet], being an area totaling ____________________[Square Meters/Square Feet] for the purpose of constructing a Road Approach.
Grantor agrees the consideration recited herein is just compensation for the property, including any and all damages to Grantor's remaining property, if any, which may result from the acquisition or use of said property and the construction or improvement of the public way.
The Grantor also grants to the Grantee, its successors, assigns, agents, contractors, and employees the right to erect and use construction equipment at the site of the construction herein described.
IT IS UNDERSTOOD that the Easement rights herein granted shall terminate 4 years from the date hereof or upon completion of the above-mentioned construction project, whichever is sooner.
IT IS ALSO UNDERSTOOD that the Easement herein granted does not convey any right or interest in the above described property, except as stated herein, nor prevent Grantor from the use of said property; provided, however that such use does not interfere with the rights herein granted.
In addition, the Grantee, its successors, assigns, agents, contractors, and employees agree to the following conditions of entry:
- DAMAGE TO PROPERTY: Shall exercise care to avoid damaging the property in any manner not consistent with the purpose for which this agreement is issued.
- COOPERATION WITH GRANTOR: Shall at all times cooperate with Grantor(s) and comply with reasonable requests not inconsistent with the purpose for which this agreement is issued.
- CLEARING: If necessary, shall perform felling, bucking, and decking of merchantable timber according to acceptable logging practices with a minimum of breakage, damage, and waste. Shall saw the merchantable timber into standard log lengths with proper trim allowance and deck on the landowner's property in locations suitable for loading by the landowner with self-loaders.
- CLEANUP: Shall spread material uniformly over the construction site, seed, and fertilize. Upon completion of the approach, shall clean all the ground occupied of all rubbish, excess material, temporary structures, and equipment.
- ACCEPTANCE: All parts of the approach site shall be left in acceptable condition.
Federal Highway Administration
Grantor's Printed Name